Washing machine fire in Braunton home

09:48 24 July 2013

Archant

Elderly occupant managed to evacuate the property before the arrival of the fire service on Wednesday.

FIRE crews headed to a house in West Park, Braunton, after receiving reports of smoke issuing from a household appliance this morning (Weds).

Two fire engines from Barnstaple arrived at the scene at 8.45am to find there had been a small fire within a washing machine.

The elderly occupant managed to evacuate the property before crews arrived and fire fighters used small tools to make the washing machine safe.

No one was injured during the incident and the fire was believed to have started accidentally.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Fri, 16:40
The Pride in Ilfracombe winners with their awards and Mayor, George Squires. Picture: Sam Scott

Unsung heroes and heroines of all ages step forward at the Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.

Read more
Fri, 16:39
Barnstaple will see in 2015 with a fireworks display, it has been confirmed.

Firms stump up the cash to help town see in 2015 in style.

Read more
Fri, 12:46
The pups in their new home

Wildlife and Dinosaur Park team up with RSPCA to help seal pups

Read more
Fri, 11:39
Kevin Carlyle’s festive lights display in Springfield Road, Bickington. Picture: Submitted

Festive display pulls in the crowds – and donations for air ambulance.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder