Washing machine fire in Braunton home
PUBLISHED: 09:48 24 July 2013 | UPDATED: 09:48 24 July 2013
Elderly occupant managed to evacuate the property before the arrival of the fire service on Wednesday.
FIRE crews headed to a house in West Park, Braunton, after receiving reports of smoke issuing from a household appliance this morning (Weds).
Two fire engines from Barnstaple arrived at the scene at 8.45am to find there had been a small fire within a washing machine.
The elderly occupant managed to evacuate the property before crews arrived and fire fighters used small tools to make the washing machine safe.
No one was injured during the incident and the fire was believed to have started accidentally.