Vinyl mat on oven sparks Barnstaple fire callout

Sunday, April 20, 2014
4:10 PM

Fire crews were called out to the first floor flat in Barnstaple this Easter Sunday morning.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

FIRE broke out in a Barnstaple flat this morning (Sunday) after a vinyl mat was accidentally placed on top of a hot cooker hob.

A fire crew from Barnstaple arrived at the scene in Water Lane Close at around 11am and found the mat had been slightly damaged by the heat.

They ventilated the property and moved the mat into the open air to cool.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other North Devon Gazette visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by North Devon Gazette staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique North Devon Gazette account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory