Vinyl mat on oven sparks Barnstaple fire callout
PUBLISHED: 16:10 20 April 2014
Fire crews were called out to the first floor flat in Barnstaple this Easter Sunday morning.
FIRE broke out in a Barnstaple flat this morning (Sunday) after a vinyl mat was accidentally placed on top of a hot cooker hob.
A fire crew from Barnstaple arrived at the scene in Water Lane Close at around 11am and found the mat had been slightly damaged by the heat.
They ventilated the property and moved the mat into the open air to cool.