A man and woman received oxygen therapy after their kitchen was severely damaged in a fire involving a rayburn.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation after their kitchen was destroyed in a fire at Ashwater near Beaworthy.

Fire crews from Holsworthy, Hatherleigh, South Molton and Okehampton were scrambled to the scene at around 10.45pm on Sunday.

On arrival crews found the single storey building was heavily smoke logged due to a fire involving a rayburn.

Fire fighters used breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets, a safety jet and two dry powder extinguishers to put out the fire.

The kitchen was severely damaged by the fire and 50 per cent of the property was severely damaged by heat and smoke.

A man and woman suffered slight smoke inhalation and were treated using oxygen therapy by fire fighters at the scene until the arrival of an ambulance.

0 comments

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory