May 23 2013 Latest news:
Monday, January 21, 2013
An ambulance was called to the scene in Ilfracombe after reports of a chip pan fire.
A MAN and woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire broke out at a home in Ilfracombe on Saturday.
Two fire crews were scrambled to the scene in Langleigh Park at 6.20pm where they discovered the fire in the kitchen on the semi detached property.
An ambulance was requested to treat the occupants but they were not taken to hospital.
Crews used four breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to tackle the blaze and check for hot spots.
They ventilated the property and deemed the cause of the fire to be accidental.