Tuesday, February 19, 2013
A woman and boy were evacuated from the property after a carbon monoxide detector was activated.
TWO people were treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning last night (Mon) at a house at Worlington Cross, Instow.
Fire crews from Bideford and Barnstaple were scrambled to the scene at around 11.20pm after a woman reported a carbon monoxide detector activating inside her two-storey property.
Wearing breathing apparatus, crews entered the building and discovered a small amount of carbon monoxide detected around an open fire in the ground floor living room.
As a precaution, fire crews requested the ambulance to attend for the woman and a boy in the property for the possible effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Fire fighters removed the contents of the hearth to the open air.