Two women pulled from burning building in Ilfracombe
PUBLISHED: 09:36 25 February 2016 | UPDATED: 15:17 25 February 2016
Fire fighters rushed to the scene of a fire in Northfield Road after hearing reports there were still people inside the building.
Two women had to be rescued from a burning building in Ilfracombe by fire fighters in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Crews from Ilfracombe raced to the scene in Northfield Road at 12.40am to reports of smoke issuing from the building.
They believed people were still inside the property and requested back up from Woolacombe and Combe Martin.
Within 15 minutes crews had entered the burning building and rescued two women - one described as ‘elderly’.
Both women were suffering smoke inhalation and were treated by paramedics.
Crews then got to work fighting the fire, using four breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and a thermal imaging camera.
By 1.30am they had put out the flames and used a positive pressure ventilation fan to get rid of the smoke.
The fire was believed to have been started in the lounge, by an e-cigarette charger.