Tuesday, March 12, 2013
All welcome to an all day rockfest and anti theft awareness event with 12 hours of live music at pubs around the town.
CON-TRIBUTE, ILFRACOMBE VENUES: Join local musicians for an all day anti-theft awareness rockfest on behalf of Connor Mackay plus RNIB and Macmillan charities.
* The Pier Tavern 12noon-2pm Falling Apart + Dogleg.
* Sandpiper Inn 2-4pm Us + Fit for Viewing.
* Royal Britannia 4-7pm Chris Millington, George Thomas, Coco Read-jones, Dave Clinch, Shaun Nickelson, Martin Cassini, Carl Kiff, Alan Cox, say Obsidian & Connor Mackay.
* George & Dragon 3.30-6.30pm Karen Marie Yates, Lee Howard, Sam Nichols, Leigh Wigg, Damnation game, Mitch & Dean, Noel Grummitt, Sam Dowden & Richard Woods.
* Ship & Pilot 7-9pm Badly Worn Toy + jam.
* The Chill Bar 9-11.50pm Odds ‘n’ 8 Balls + Bridgebound.
* Buddy’s Live Lounge 10pm-midnight Ellie Campbell, Psylum & final jam.
MUSICIANS will be gathering in Ilfracombe on Saturday for an all day rockfest and anti theft awareness event on behalf of partially sighted musician Connor Mackay.
After thieves struck three times in one week and took most of his belongings, Connor’s friends rallied around to organise the event, which will see live music performed at pubs in the town from midday through to midnight.
As well as replacing his lost belongings, it is hoped to raise money for the RNIB and Macmillan charities. There will also be a raffle on the day. The event is being sponsored by The Olden Group, Ilfracombe Round Table and Taylor’s Solicitors.
Organisers would like to thank the people who have already offered two guitar amps, a security camera and a television after hearing of Connor’s plight.
* Click on the link to the top right of this page to see the full music line up in our gig guide and follow event news via the Con-Tribute page on Facebook.