Friday, October 18, 2013
Barnstaple woman died after taking a cocktail of medication
A Barnstaple woman who died of a drug overdose had had her ‘forever home taken away from her’ by disruptive neighbours, an inquest heard on Wednesday.
The inquest heard that Theresa Jane Morgan, 45, digested a mixture of epilepsy and anti-depressant medication on the afternoon of November 23, 2012, following a letter from the council which said they could not help with a neighbour complaint at her home in Sherratt’s Oak, Barnstaple.
But an inconclusive post mortem also showed signs of pneumonia before her death shortly before 1am on November 24.
The inquest heard that Ms Morgan had a history of depression after being in an abusive marriage before meeting partner Carl Damsel, who despite receiving a text message saying the neighbour had ‘done her head in’ the night before and would ‘make sure she slept through it’ that night did not believe she would take her own life.
Coroner Dr Elizabeth Earland delivered an open verdict as the post mortem could not find a direct cause of death. She did, however, say that she was satisfied that Ms Morgan had digested a cocktail of prescription drugs.