December 9 2013 Latest news:
Friday, October 18, 2013
Fire crews needed advice to be able to isolate fire at a house in Launceston Road.
Fire crews were called out to reports of a chimney fire in Launceston Road in Holsworthy yesterday (Thurs) evening.
A crews from the town discovered the small fire in an oil-fired rayburn when they arrived at the house at around 7pm.
The fire had started when the oil isolation valve had seized and fire fighters were unable to isolate it, so an oil engineer was requested.
Under the advice of the heating engineer, the flames were extinguished using a dry powder extinguisher.
This week, the fire service issued a safety warning to property owners with chimneys - to read the full story click here.