Man led to safety after cooker fire in Bideford

09:29 08 October 2012

�

Archant

Two fire engines attended the scene after reports of a smoke alarm sounding.

TWO fire engines were called to a flat in Pynes Lane, Bideford, on Saturday evening after a cooker caught fire.

Crews from Appledore and Bideford were alerted to sounds of a smoke alarm going off and discovered the first floor flat heavily smoke logged.

The fire was out when crews arrived and a man was led to safety.

Crews inspected the property and found the cause of the fire to be accidental.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Work on Barnstaple's new TK Maxx store is continuing to progress. Picture: Andy Keeble

TK Maxx has announced that its new shop in Barnstaple will create 35 jobs.

Read more
09:37
Labour candidate for North Devon, Mark Cann

In the latest of our series of profiles, we meet Labour’s candidate for North Devon, Mark Cann

Read more
The dolphin washed up on Putsborough beach. Picture: Amanda Baldwin.

Dead dolphin found washed up on North Devon beach yesterday (Wednesday).

Read more
Marlene May with her new book. Picture: Sarah Howells

Marlene May, 77, is selling her new book at charity shop where she has worked for 18 years.

Read more
07:00
The Trumpton bonfire in Torrington is coming together.

Torrington Cavaliers get set for giant charity bonfire in August.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:09
Dave Garrett and Mark Edwards getting ready for the 100 mile challenge.

Bideford man prepared for epic 36-hour non-stop walk in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 9°C

min temp: 6°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition



North Devon's trusted business finder