Man led to safety after cooker fire in Bideford
PUBLISHED: 09:29 08 October 2012
Two fire engines attended the scene after reports of a smoke alarm sounding.
TWO fire engines were called to a flat in Pynes Lane, Bideford, on Saturday evening after a cooker caught fire.
Crews from Appledore and Bideford were alerted to sounds of a smoke alarm going off and discovered the first floor flat heavily smoke logged.
The fire was out when crews arrived and a man was led to safety.
Crews inspected the property and found the cause of the fire to be accidental.