Men treated by paramedics after chimney fire near Ilfracombe

Two men were had to be treated by paramedics after a chimney fire in Lee last night (Wednesday).

One fire appliance from Woolacombe and two from Ilfracombe were called to the village shortly after 10.30pm, for what was initially believed to be a kitchen fire.

When they arrived they found kitchen of the property was filled with smoke, and the two men were treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

After investigation, crews confirmed the chimney fire and used specialist chimney gear to put the fire out.


This may also interest you

Most Read

Latest from North Devon Gazette

Newsletter Sign Up

North Devon Gazette twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Enjoy the North Devon Gazette digital edition

Find planning applications in North Devon - planning finder