Kitchen damaged after dishwasher fire in Chulmleigh

15:44 18 February 2013

Archant

Fire crews had to don breathing apparatus to combat the fire involving a dishwasher.

A FIRE involving a dishwasher has partially destroyed the kitchen of a house in Chulmleigh this afternoon (Mon).

Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Witheridge and South Molton were called to the scene at The Chimes in Cricket Close at around 1.50pm.

On arrival, crews found the building heavily smoke logged and a dishwasher well alight.

Fire fighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

Approximately 10 per cent of the kitchen was destroyed by the fire and a further 40 per cent damaged by smoke.

0 comments

Other News Stories

30 minutes ago
Barnstaple's Anchorwood Bank development begins to take shape. Picture: Austin Wallas

Parts of Barnstaple’s riverfront are set to be opened up to the public for the first time in centuries – as huge progress is made on the town’s Anchorwood Bank development.

Read more
11 minutes ago
How the extension to Atlantic Village is proposed to look.

Bideford shopping centre has applied for extension of time for plans to almost double in size.

Read more
There was a great turnout for South Molton Community College's 2015 prom

Around 100 now-former Year 11 pupils celebrated the end of their GCSEs at the South Molton Community College prom.

Read more
10:24
Philip Milton, owner of the White Hart in Bratton Fleming. Picture: Andy Keeble

Local businessman Philip Milton to present ‘schematic ideas’ to villagers next month.

Read more

Police appeal for witnesses to assault where two young men on bicycles knocked disabled teenager off her bike and kicked her.

Read more
Jellyfish on Putsborough. Pic by @redwoodsurfshop

‘Invasion’ on North Devon shores as moon jellyfish and barrel jellyfish bloom. We asked the Marine Conservation Scoiety why...

Read more
12:15

Police asking for people to come forward after alleged attack on Sunday evening

Read more

Fire fighters called out to Bideford home in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) after chip pan caught fire.

Read more
Should parking in Bideford be free?

Bideford and District Chamber of Commerce is looking to tackle ‘real issue’ of parking in the town.

Read more
Yesterday, 14:12
The Bideford GRAFTAs 2015. Pictures: Graham Hobbs.

Bideford’s heritage was celebrated in glamorous awards ceremony for school children in the area.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 23°C

min temp: 14°C

Most Read News

Great British Life


Great British Life

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition



North Devon's trusted business finder