Thursday, January 17, 2013
Crews called out to two fires in the town on Wednesday.
BARNSTAPLE fire crews were called out twice yesterday (Wednesday) to deal with fires in the town.
There was no morning queue for a burning bathroom just before 8am at a property at Hughes Avenue, with flames spreading inside the roof space thanks to an extraction fan.
Two fire crews attended and fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and used a hose to tackle the blaze, before getting inside the building to deal with the roof space flames.
The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.
Then at 10.40pm that evening they were called to a chimney fire at Kingsley Avenue, which was well alight when crews arrived. The flames were extinguished using chimney gear and small tools.