Gas scare at village home

11:28 25 October 2012

�

Archant

House evacuated following carbon monoxide alarm.

FIREFIGHTERS suspect a chimney at a neighbouring property activated a carbon monoxide alarm at a home in Buckland Brewer.

The property was evacuated at around 11.30 last night (Wednesday) and crews Bideford and Holsworthy used a gas detection monitor to check the home was safe.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 17:14
The swan had a pellet embedded in its bill.

RSPCA rescues bird after it is shot by an air gun.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:53
Preparing for StarTrek: Rotarian Jay Bocock shows Leo Cooper how to use a map and compass. Picvture: Peter Cooper.

The annual StarTrek Challenge will be held near Dulverton this Saturday night.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:38
Last year's debut Somersault Festival in full swing. Picture: Submitted

Ivor Novello winning artist and Brit nominee joins line-up for second Filleigh festival.

Read more
Yesterday, 10:04
Barnstaple Library.

More detail emerges on county council plans for Barnstaple Library building

Read more
Thu, 09:39
Work on Barnstaple's new TK Maxx store is continuing to progress. Picture: Andy Keeble

TK Maxx has announced that its new shop in Barnstaple will create 35 jobs.

Read more
Thu, 09:37
Labour candidate for North Devon, Mark Cann

In the latest of our series of profiles, we meet Labour’s candidate for North Devon, Mark Cann

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition



North Devon's trusted business finder