Fire service break into Barnstaple house to tackle pan blaze

Sunday, August 10, 2014
5:16 PM

Saturday night kitchen fire had started in an unattended pan.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire fighters had to break into a Barnstaple house on Saturday evening after smoke was spotted coming from it.

Two fire engines from Barnstaple and one from Braunton arrived at the home in Saxons Croft just after 6.30pm and forced entry to discover a small fire involving an unattended pan in the ground floor kitchen.

The householders were contacted and asked to return, while fire fighters ventilated the two storey house and made the property secure.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other North Devon Gazette visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by North Devon Gazette staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique North Devon Gazette account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory