Fire in caravan at Saunton

09:11 14 February 2014

Archant

Electrical fault thought to have caused fire at building site in Saunton.

AN electrical fault is believed to be responsible for a fire which broke out in a caravan in Saunton yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.

Fire crews from Barnstaple and Braunton were scrambled to the scene at a building site after reports of smoke issuing from the caravan.

They got to work using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a main jet to extinguish the fire, which was started accidentally.

0 comments

Other News Stories

08:47
Pay and Display sign

Councillor wants to see pay-on-exit car parking rolled out to town centre car park.

Read more
48 minutes ago

Officers looking for information about incident between Tuesday and Sunday last week.

Read more
09:31
The Hoops Inn on the A39.

Police found car on its roof on A39 near Bideford and driver over the drink drive limit.

Read more
08:43
Aimee Stanley handed the cheque over to Aspire after completing her swimming challenge

The 11-year-old raised more than £1,000 for charity by completing swimming challenge.

Read more
08:41

Police were called to the road beneath the Bideford bridge on Saturday morning.

Read more
Yesterday, 08:00
North Devon Magistrates' Court.

The 20-year-old caused more than £5,000 worth of damage to parked coach after drink excessive amounts of lager.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 6°C

min temp: 1°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition



North Devon's trusted business finder