Fire fighters tackle house blaze in Ilfracombe

10:19 10 September 2012

�

Archant

Two fire engines were called to a house after an electrical box caught fire and spread to the floor boards.

FIRE FIGHTERS were called to a house in Ilfracombe on Saturday after an electrical box caught fire and started spreading to the first floor floor boards.

Two fire engines were scrambled to the scene in Berkeley Close around 4.15pm where they discovered the box on the ground floor had caught fire.

The crews used two hose reel jets and one dry powder extinguisher to stop the blaze while wearing breathing apparatus.

The floor boards then had to be cut away while fire fighters checked for hot spots.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 16:40
The Pride in Ilfracombe winners with their awards and Mayor, George Squires. Picture: Sam Scott

Unsung heroes and heroines of all ages step forward at the Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:39
Barnstaple will see in 2015 with a fireworks display, it has been confirmed.

Firms stump up the cash to help town see in 2015 in style.

Read more
Yesterday, 12:46
The pups in their new home

Wildlife and Dinosaur Park team up with RSPCA to help seal pups

Read more
Yesterday, 11:39
Kevin Carlyle’s festive lights display in Springfield Road, Bickington. Picture: Submitted

Festive display pulls in the crowds – and donations for air ambulance.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 9°C

min temp: 8°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder