Two fire engines were called to a house after an electrical box caught fire and spread to the floor boards.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

FIRE FIGHTERS were called to a house in Ilfracombe on Saturday after an electrical box caught fire and started spreading to the first floor floor boards.

Two fire engines were scrambled to the scene in Berkeley Close around 4.15pm where they discovered the box on the ground floor had caught fire.

The crews used two hose reel jets and one dry powder extinguisher to stop the blaze while wearing breathing apparatus.

The floor boards then had to be cut away while fire fighters checked for hot spots.

0 comments

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory