Fire crews scrambled to kitchen fire after running call

09:25 26 September 2012

�

Archant

Occupants of a residential home ran to Bideford fire station to raise the alarm on a kitchen fire.

FIRE crews were scrambled to a residential home in Bideford after occupants ran over to the station to raise the alarm yesterday afternoon (Tues).

Upon arriving at the home in Abbotsham Road at 3pm, fire fighters discovered the fire involving a gas and electric cooker was already out.

But the building was heavy with smoke and crews inspected the property while making efforts to ventilate it.

No one was hurt or injured in the fire and duty of care was left with the staff.

0 comments

Other News Stories

12:18

Man transferred to Derriford following collision with Ford Focus.

Read more
11:51
Jeremy Thorpe's trademark trilby hat on the coffin as it leaves the church. Picture: Yui Mok/PA Wire

‘Wit, zeal and sheer panache’ is how former North Devon MP Nick Harvey described his former mentor Jeremy Thorpe at his funeral on Wednesday.

Read more
Maynard Johns won first place.

PHOTOS: Town tells the tales of Storybook Christmas, with each window competing to be crowned the top window display in Bideford.

Read more
Johns of Instow are urging people to shop local this Christmas.

While shoppers head to the High Street in a last minute panic, independent traders are urging people to shop local.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 11°C

min temp: 11°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder