Fire crews called to Appledore Primary School

09:46 15 November 2013

Archant

Fire fighters deal with toilet roll fire in cupboard.

TWO fire crews were called to Appledore Primary School yesterday (Thursday) after a fire in a cupboard.

Fire engines from Bideford and Appledore attended the school in Kingsley Avenue at around 11.10am and reported a small fire involving a light and a toilet roll.

They used a CO2 extinguisher to put it out and isolated the electric. The fire service said the fire was accidental.

The headteacher said the fire had been minimal and was dealt with very quickly. The children were briefly evacuated for five minutes before being able to return to their lessons.

0 comments

Other News Stories

07:00
Bishops Tawton’s The Three Pigeons pub could become a family home under proposals submitted to North Devon Council. Picture: Andy Keeble

‘Ugly’ extensions at Bishops Tawton pub could be demolished as part of new proposal for grade II listed building.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:55

Council says it will have 14 per cent less money in 2015-16 following the Government’s financial settlement announcement.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:51
The Seaflow turbine when it was in place at Lynmouth.

MP calls on Government to promote the region in the face of stiff European competition.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:27
The fallen van in Church Road. Picture: Paul Barnard.

Ford Transit left teetering after falling into Church Road.

Read more

Local Weather

Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 8°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder