Fire service break into Barnstaple house to tackle pan blaze
PUBLISHED: 17:16 10 August 2014 | UPDATED: 17:16 10 August 2014
Saturday night kitchen fire had started in an unattended pan.
Fire fighters had to break into a Barnstaple house on Saturday evening after smoke was spotted coming from it.
Two fire engines from Barnstaple and one from Braunton arrived at the home in Saxons Croft just after 6.30pm and forced entry to discover a small fire involving an unattended pan in the ground floor kitchen.
The householders were contacted and asked to return, while fire fighters ventilated the two storey house and made the property secure.