Fire crews called to Appledore Primary School
PUBLISHED: 09:46 15 November 2013 | UPDATED: 14:47 15 November 2013
Fire fighters deal with toilet roll fire in cupboard.
TWO fire crews were called to Appledore Primary School yesterday (Thursday) after a fire in a cupboard.
Fire engines from Bideford and Appledore attended the school in Kingsley Avenue at around 11.10am and reported a small fire involving a light and a toilet roll.
They used a CO2 extinguisher to put it out and isolated the electric. The fire service said the fire was accidental.
The headteacher said the fire had been minimal and was dealt with very quickly. The children were briefly evacuated for five minutes before being able to return to their lessons.