Fire breaks out in bedroom of Barnstaple flat
PUBLISHED: 19:03 10 October 2017 | UPDATED: 19:09 10 October 2017
Fire crews were called to a home in Barnstaple after a blaze broke out.
Two fire engines were called to Victoria Road at about 4.20pm this afternoon (Tuesday).
On arrival, firefighters found a fire in the bedroom of a ground floor flat. Crews spent an hour tackling the blaze using a hose reel and breathing apparatus. They also used a thermal image camera, safety jet, gas detector and positive pressure ventilation.
Ten percent of the damage caused was from the fire and forty percent was from heat and smoke.