Electrical fire in ambulance station

10:06 27 September 2012

�

Archant

Fire crews were called to the scene in Bideford on Wednesday morning.

FIRE crews were scrambled to the ambulance station in Bideford after a fire broke out in an electrical cupboard this morning (Wed).

Two fire engines were scrambled around 8.25am to the station Clovelly Road, and discovered the fire which was confined to the cupboard.

Crews used breathing apparatus, a covering jet, hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to tackle the fire.

The cupboard was damaged by smoke and fire but the rest of the building escaped unharmed.

Western Power also attended the incident.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 16:55

Council says it will have 14 per cent less money in 2015-16 following the Government’s financial settlement announcement.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:51
The Seaflow turbine when it was in place at Lynmouth.

MP calls on Government to promote the region in the face of stiff European competition.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:27
The fallen van in Church Road. Picture: Paul Barnard.

Ford Transit left teetering after falling into Church Road.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:24
Geoffrey Cox MP QC, Dan Garnett owner of Clovelly Fish, Tony Rutherford owner Bideford Fisheries. Picture: tidyeyepress.com.

Despite proposed reductions, the EU will keep most quotas the same for North Devon boats in 2015, much to the relief of fishermen.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder