Electrical fire in ambulance station
PUBLISHED: 10:06 27 September 2012
Fire crews were called to the scene in Bideford on Wednesday morning.
FIRE crews were scrambled to the ambulance station in Bideford after a fire broke out in an electrical cupboard this morning (Wed).
Two fire engines were scrambled around 8.25am to the station Clovelly Road, and discovered the fire which was confined to the cupboard.
Crews used breathing apparatus, a covering jet, hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to tackle the fire.
The cupboard was damaged by smoke and fire but the rest of the building escaped unharmed.
Western Power also attended the incident.