Electric heater sets carpet on fire in Torrington home

15:09 08 November 2013

Archant

Fire crews found the house heavily smoke logged and the occupants suffering from smoke inhalation.

FIRE crews were scrambled to Torrington at lunchtime today (Fri) after a woman dialled 999 stating her electric fire had fallen over and ignited her carpet.

Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington arrived at Warren Lane at around 1.10pm and found the house heavily smoke logged.

The fire was out so crews vented the property and made the electric appliance safe.

An ambulance also attended to treat the occupiers of the property for smoke inhalation.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Friday, January 30, 2015
Gritters will be out this weekend. Picture: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire

County highways teams are monitoring the situation as forecasters predict icy conditions and wintry showers/

Read more
Friday, January 30, 2015
A Devon marine reef scene. Picture: Mike Deaton.

Two areas included in the next round of Government plans to introduce MCZs to English waters...

Read more
Friday, January 30, 2015

North Devon Council has cut winter parking charges from £2 all day to £1.20.

Read more
Friday, January 30, 2015
The Burton Art Gallery

Arts Council England funding feasibility study to examine library move and art gallery expansion.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 1°C

min temp: -0°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition

North Devon's trusted business finder