Electric heater sets carpet on fire in Torrington home
PUBLISHED: 15:09 08 November 2013 | UPDATED: 15:09 08 November 2013
Fire crews found the house heavily smoke logged and the occupants suffering from smoke inhalation.
FIRE crews were scrambled to Torrington at lunchtime today (Fri) after a woman dialled 999 stating her electric fire had fallen over and ignited her carpet.
Two fire engines from Bideford and one from Torrington arrived at Warren Lane at around 1.10pm and found the house heavily smoke logged.
The fire was out so crews vented the property and made the electric appliance safe.
An ambulance also attended to treat the occupiers of the property for smoke inhalation.