Fire crews attended two separate small kitchen fires last night, and a female casualty was treated at one of the scenes.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

A WOMAN refused to leave her property when it caught alight last night (Thur) due to her pet being still in the property.

The small fire in the kitchen at Geneva Court, Bideford, was caused when the food she was cooking overheated and caught alight.

Two fire crews attended the property within 7 minutes of the 10.30pm callout, and fire control stayed on the phone with the woman who refused to leave the house.

By the time fire crews arrived the fire was out, and the woman was treated by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.

There was little fire damage to the property, and the pet was unharmed.

Group commander for Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “People are very passionate about their pets and some times we have to stop people going back in themselves.

“I will take this opportunity to say that we will get to the scene quickly and commit where we can to rescue animals.

“We will always do our best to save any lives.”

*******************************************************************************

FIRE CREWS also attended a property in Westward Ho! last night (Thur) just before 9.30pm.

Three fire engines arrived at the house in Kala Fair to find a small fire in the kitchen.

There were no rescues from the property and crews were at the scene for 24 minutes.

0 comments

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory