Dogs rescued from Ilfracombe house fire

Monday, March 17, 2014
2:10 PM

Fire fighters rescued the dogs from the property while extinguishing a fire in the kitchen.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

TWO dogs were rescued from a house in Ilfracombe on Friday lunchtime after a kitchen fire broke out.

Fire crews from the town attended the two-storey property in Chichester Close shortly before 1pm after reports of an alarm sounding.

The caller stated they could smell burning and crews discovered a small fire in the kitchen.

Two dogs were retrieved from the house by fire fighters and were unharmed.

Crews extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

0 comments

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory