Dogs rescued from Ilfracombe house fire

14:10 17 March 2014

Archant

Fire fighters rescued the dogs from the property while extinguishing a fire in the kitchen.

TWO dogs were rescued from a house in Ilfracombe on Friday lunchtime after a kitchen fire broke out.

Fire crews from the town attended the two-storey property in Chichester Close shortly before 1pm after reports of an alarm sounding.

The caller stated they could smell burning and crews discovered a small fire in the kitchen.

Two dogs were retrieved from the house by fire fighters and were unharmed.

Crews extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

0 comments

Other News Stories

An artist's impression of how the food and retail area of Anchorwood Bank will look once completed

The fashion retailer will be expanding its presence in the town with a 10,500-square-foot shop

Read more
Yesterday, 11:48
The former Leaderflush Shapland factory in Barnstaple. Picture: Andy Keeble

Oliver Buildings are Grade II listed in recognition of their architectural or historic interest.

Read more
Yesterday, 08:00
Aaron Hunt is off to the prestigious Bird College this month.

Marwood teenager is off to top drama school this September

Read more
Thu, 15:57
It was a full house at Torridge District Council's plans committee today (Thursday).

Torridge District Councillors have refused plans for 200 new houses - despite officers recommending Heywood Road plans for approval.

Read more
Thu, 15:22
Westward Ho! teenager Yazzy Chamberlain is releasing an album

Yazzy holding launch event for ‘Silly boys breaking hearts’ on Sunday

Read more
Thu, 14:40
Bideford's Torridge Bridge.

The 82-year-old from Fremington suffered with depression but inquest heard his death came as ‘complete shock’.

Read more
Thu, 14:24
Chelfham Mill. Picture: Nicholas Mutton

Principal says private school will looks to re-register once police investigation is complete.

Read more
Thu, 13:03
Mark and Emma Smale with Imogen and her sister Evie. Picture: Sarah Howells

Friends and family are hoping to raise £9,000 to buy a water therapy unit for young Bideford girl with life-limiting illness.

Read more
Thu, 09:18
This year's festival at Castle Hill was a wet and muddy affair

July’s wet weather left Castle Hill in ‘worst condition for 26 years’

Read more
Thu, 08:05
Angelina and Patrick Montague outside of the new Monty's Caribbean Kitchen restaurant.

New Barnstaple restaurant will bring a taste of the West Indies to Barnstaple.

Read more

Local Weather

Rain

Rain

max temp: 14°C

min temp: 12°C

Most Read News

Great British Life


Great British Life

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Reader Travel

Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition


North Devon's trusted business finder