Dogs rescued from Ilfracombe house fire
PUBLISHED: 14:10 17 March 2014 | UPDATED: 14:10 17 March 2014
Fire fighters rescued the dogs from the property while extinguishing a fire in the kitchen.
TWO dogs were rescued from a house in Ilfracombe on Friday lunchtime after a kitchen fire broke out.
Fire crews from the town attended the two-storey property in Chichester Close shortly before 1pm after reports of an alarm sounding.
The caller stated they could smell burning and crews discovered a small fire in the kitchen.
Two dogs were retrieved from the house by fire fighters and were unharmed.
Crews extinguished the blaze using two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.