October 2 2014 Latest news:
Friday, April 11, 2014
Fire fighters called out to reports of an airing cupboard on fire which had spread to loft of property in Church Street, Braunton.
FIRE fighters spent several hours fighting a fire which broke out in the airing cupboard of a house in Church Street, Braunton in the early hours this morning (Friday).
One fire crew from Braunton and another from Barnstaple attended the scene just after 1.30am after a call from the house owner.
Fire fighters found the fire had spread to the loft of the property and set to work using four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and two short extension ladders.
By 2.30am, crews were making steady progress and the breathing apparatus had been reduced to two wearers.
A thermal imaging camera was used to used to check for hotspots and the fire was extinguished by 3am.
The airing cupboard was completely destroyed and the cause of the fire was deemed to be accidental.