Chip shop fire at Ruda

Wednesday, August 6, 2014
4:03 PM

Three men given oxygen after early hours fire, which was out when emergency services arrived.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

THREE men were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a Ruda Holiday Park takeaway in Croyde during the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).

Fire engines from Braunton, Woolacombe and Barnstaple were called to the site just before 1.45am.

A fire had started in a ground floor fish and chip shop but was out when the crews arrived. Fiore fighters used breathing apparatus, a hose reel and thermal imaging camera to ensure the flames were out.

The fire service said three men had been given oxygen therapy at the scene by fire fighters, and South Western Ambulance Service was also in attendance.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other North Devon Gazette visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by North Devon Gazette staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique North Devon Gazette account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory