Chip shop fire at Ruda
PUBLISHED: 16:03 06 August 2014 | UPDATED: 16:03 06 August 2014
Three men given oxygen after early hours fire, which was out when emergency services arrived.
THREE men were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a Ruda Holiday Park takeaway in Croyde during the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
Fire engines from Braunton, Woolacombe and Barnstaple were called to the site just before 1.45am.
A fire had started in a ground floor fish and chip shop but was out when the crews arrived. Fiore fighters used breathing apparatus, a hose reel and thermal imaging camera to ensure the flames were out.
The fire service said three men had been given oxygen therapy at the scene by fire fighters, and South Western Ambulance Service was also in attendance.