Cat rescued from Ilfracombe kitchen fire

12:23 07 January 2014

Archant

Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 11am this morning after reports of a kitchen fire.

A CAT was rescued from a house in Ilfracombe today (Tuesday) after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines were scrambled to a property in Greenways, at around 11am after the occupier reported a fire in their kitchen.

All persons were accounted for when the fire service arrived, but crews had to rescue a tabby cat from the property.

Fire fighters extinguished the flames using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera. The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 16:39
Barnstaple will see in 2015 with a fireworks display, it has been confirmed.

Firms stump up the cash to help town see in 2015 in style.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:40
The Pride in Ilfracombe winners with their awards and Mayor, George Squires. Picture: Sam Scott

Unsung heroes and heroines of all ages step forward at the Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.

Read more
Yesterday, 12:46
The pups in their new home

Wildlife and Dinosaur Park team up with RSPCA to help seal pups

Read more
Yesterday, 11:39
Kevin Carlyle’s festive lights display in Springfield Road, Bickington. Picture: Submitted

Festive display pulls in the crowds – and donations for air ambulance.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 9°C

min temp: 8°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder