Cat rescued from Ilfracombe kitchen fire

12:23 07 January 2014

Archant

Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 11am this morning after reports of a kitchen fire.

A CAT was rescued from a house in Ilfracombe today (Tuesday) after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines were scrambled to a property in Greenways, at around 11am after the occupier reported a fire in their kitchen.

All persons were accounted for when the fire service arrived, but crews had to rescue a tabby cat from the property.

Fire fighters extinguished the flames using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera. The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Fri, 22:17
Gritters will be out this weekend. Picture: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire

County highways teams are monitoring the situation as forecasters predict icy conditions and wintry showers/

Read more
Fri, 15:37
A Devon marine reef scene. Picture: Mike Deaton.

Two areas included in the next round of Government plans to introduce MCZs to English waters...

Read more
Fri, 15:29

North Devon Council has cut winter parking charges from £2 all day to £1.20.

Read more
Fri, 14:45
The Burton Art Gallery

Arts Council England funding feasibility study to examine library move and art gallery expansion.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 3°C

min temp: 0°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition

North Devon's trusted business finder