July 26 2014 Latest news:
Friday, May 16, 2014
‘Very positive strides’ made towards getting the Filleigh motoring event back in business.
CASTLE Hill Car Festival could be back on track, organisers have said today (Friday).
On Wednesday the motoring, classic car and trade show event at the Castle Hill estate in Filleigh on August 9-10 looked set for the scrap heap this year after its cancellation was announced on Facebook.
But his afternoon their Facebook page revealed it could all be back on again – if the venue passes a make or break track inspection early next week.
A statement said ‘some very positive strides’ had been made towards getting it back on. It reads: ‘The issues concern the staging of the Track Sprint Challenge, indeed all activity on the track, one of the key festival attractions.
‘In the last 48 hours there have been some very positive discussions between the organisers, the North Devon Motor Club and the Motor Sports Association, all of whom are keen to see the festival go ahead.
‘The issues will be resolved once there has been a track inspection by the MSA which is planned for early next week.
‘We are confident of a positive outcome and hope to have some positive news next week.
‘Many thanks to everyone for all of your encouraging emails, texts and messages of support.’