July 23 2014 Latest news:
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Organisers announce on Facebook this year’s event in August will not be going ahead.
THIS year’s Castle Hill Car Festival at Castle Hill Estate in Filleigh has been cancelled, organisers have announced today (Wednesday).
A statement on the event’s Facebook page said the festival on August 9 and 10 had been cancelled due to circumstances ‘beyond control’.
It said: “We will be issuing a statement to explain the circumstances in more detail, but in the meantime we want to assure all those who have paid for camping, car displays etc that you will receive a full refund in due course.
“We would also like to take this opportunity to thank our many friends and supporters for their encouragement and help in staging what we had always hoped would become a national-scale motoring event for the South West, but that is not to be.
“The organisers would like to extend their personal thanks to Lord and Lady Arran for their support for the Festival and the use of the wonderful setting of Castle Hill.”
Check back for more as we have it.