Carbon monoxide detected in Bideford home

08:57 04 March 2014

Archant

Fire crews called to the domestic property yesterday (Mon) afternoon.

FIRE crews were called out to Devonshire Park in Bideford on Monday afternoon after reports of a gas alarm sounding.

On arrival at 2.45pm, crews laid out safety jets and hoses as a precaution and used a positive pressure fan while awaiting a gas detector from Barnstaple.

The gas monitor detected a carbon monoxide reading and the gas and boiler systems were shut down.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 22:17
Gritters will be out this weekend. Picture: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire

County highways teams are monitoring the situation as forecasters predict icy conditions and wintry showers/

Read more
Yesterday, 14:45
The Burton Art Gallery

Arts Council England funding feasibility study to examine library move and art gallery expansion.

Read more
Yesterday, 15:37
A Devon marine reef scene. Picture: Mike Deaton.

Two areas included in the next round of Government plans to introduce MCZs to English waters...

Read more
Yesterday, 15:29

North Devon Council has cut winter parking charges from £2 all day to £1.20.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 4°C

min temp: 2°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition

North Devon's trusted business finder