Carbon monoxide detected at South Molton home

10:11 27 March 2014

Archant

Fire crews called to sound of carbon monoxide alarm sounding in George Nympton Road.

FIRE fighters were called out to reports of a carbon monoxide detector going off in George Nympton Road in South Molton last night (Weds).

Crews from South Molton and Barnstaple arrived at the scene at around 8.40pm and set to work using a gas detector wearing two breathing apparatus sets.

The gas detector showed the presence of carbon monoxide and the property was ventilated by fire fighters.

They also gave the occupant of the property advice to turn off the appliances in the house and have them tested as soon as possible.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 16:25
Red deer are a favoured target for poachers.

Local 17-year-old detained after police find dead deer in vehicle near the village.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:15

Police are appealing for witnesses after two men in their 30s allegedly attacked a man in his 60s as he walked through the Ropery Road car park.

Read more
Yesterday, 08:00
Bideford is getting ready for New Year's Eve. Pic: Graham Hobbs

Bideford is gearing up for its New Year’s Eve celebrations with entertainment, a Ferris wheel, and a world record attempt...

Read more
Fri, 08:38
TSB’s Mark Chatfield, Alice Westcott of the Freedom Centre, Robert Withecombe, TSB manager Mark Sargent and Georgina Quance.

TSB Barnstaple teamed up with Robert Withecombe butchers to provide Christmas lunches for vulnerable people in the town.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 4°C

min temp: -5°C

Most Read News

Family notices
Subscriptions
Reader travel
Advertise
Photo Orders
Competitions
Facebook
Twitter
North Devon Football League
North Devon Gazette E-edition

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition
North Devon�s trusted business finder