Building evacuated after tumble dryer fire

12:28 26 September 2012

�

Archant

Fire crews were scrambled to the incident in Ilfracombe this morning.

FIRE CREWS attended a fire in Ilfracombe this morning (Weds) after reports of a tumble dryer on fire.

When the two fire engines arrived at La Bastille around 10.15am, all occupants had been evacuated from the building.

The crews discovered the small fire in the living room of a privately owners ground floor flat, and extinguished it using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.

No one was involved or injured during the incident and after ventilating the property of smoke, duty of care was left with the occupants.

0 comments

Other News Stories

47 minutes ago
The Civic Centre, Barnstaple

Council says it does not intent to spend £2.4m on repairs.

Read more
Max was rushed to the vets after eating palm oil on Westward Ho!

One dog ingested palm oil on Westward Ho!, while another suddenly fell ill after walking on Wilder Beach in Ilfracombe.

Read more
09:38
Woolsery School Council Executive:- Baz Meeson, Alice Arkless, Ben Pomeroy, Harriet Heywood and Aidan McBride with the new equipment.

Project to hand baubles from scaffolding of vacant pub raised hundreds-of-pounds for school.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:53
Simon Harris.

A former Shebber College school teacher described as a prolific and calculating sexual predator has been jailed for 17 years and four months after abusing vulnerable young Kenyan street children.

Read more

Local Weather

Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 4°C

min temp: 6°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition



North Devon's trusted business finder