Bathroom fan causes fire in Ilfracombe

09:34 05 October 2012

�

Archant

Fire crews were called out in the early hours of Friday morning to reports of a bathroom fire.

FIRE crews were called out in the early hours this morning (Fri) to reports of a fire in a bathroom.

Two fire engines from Ilfracombe and an aerial platform ladder from Barnstaple arrived at the flat in Ilfracombe High Street at around 12.15am.

Fire fighters found a small fire involving an electrical fan in a first floor flat and isolated the electrics.

They also disconnected the fan and made the scene safe.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 17:07
Tesco is set to close 43 stores nationwide

Tesco has confirmed which 43 stores it will close in the UK - with North Devon’s seven stores unaffected.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:47
Cabinet Minister Francis Maude MP flanked by Peter Heaton-Jones and trust director Ian Cowling.

The Lynton & Barnstaple Railway has been visited by cabinet Minister Francis Maude MP, who praised its plans and vision.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:09
The seals are released at Combe Martin Beach. Picture: Dawn Gilbert.

Wildlife Park and RSPCA return more orphaned seal pups to the wild.

Read more
Yesterday, 10:47
North Devon could be facing snow blizzards this weekend. Picture: Guy Harrop.

Met Office warns of possible disruption and difficult driving conditions with potential of heavy snow on Sunday.

Read more

Local Weather

Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 5°C

min temp: 4°C

Most Read News

Advertise in the paper
Submit a Story
Subscribe to the paper
Competitions
North Devon Football League
Order Photos
Family notices
iwitness24
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus Page
Family Notices 24

Digital Edition

Image
Read the North Devon Gazette e-edition today E-edition

North Devon's trusted business finder