Asbestos involved in Prixford garage fire

Wednesday, June 4, 2014
9:40 AM

Fire fighters called out to the garage blaze yesterday (Tuesday) evening.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

ASBESTOS was involved in a fire in Prixford yesterday evening (Tuesday), fire fighters have confirmed.

Crews from Barnstaple and Ilfracombe were called out at around 8.15pm to find the single storey garage on fire.

They extinguished the fire using breathing apparatus wearers and a hose reel jet, as well as ventilating the building.

The garage, which contained asbestos, was severely damaged in the blaze, which was believed to have been accidental.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other North Devon Gazette visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by North Devon Gazette staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique North Devon Gazette account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Join our newsletter

Local Search 24 – North Devon
Looking for a:

Location:

Search radius:

North Devon's trusted business directory